Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Excuse me?

This article was taped to my locker yesterday.

Five things we learned from minicamp

by Les Bowen


1. Fewer than 7 months after ACL surgery, Donovan McNabb can drop back and throw a pass without his right knee swelling up or falling off.

2. In short pants and wearing no pads, Jeremy Bloom absolutely looks like one of the ballboys. But he runs much faster than they do, and he seems to be able to catch a thrown or kicked football pretty well.

3. Untested strongside linebacker Chris Gocong still hasn't tackled anybody, but he has shown strong mastery of Jim Johnson's defense, enough to allow Johnson to sleep through the night between now and Lehigh.

4. Rookie running back Tony Hunt looks pretty darned good. But then again, so does Correll Buckhalter, the guy Hunt figures to be fighting with for the half-dozen or so touches Brian Westbrook doesn't get.

5. Jevon Kearse needs to spend the next 6 weeks eating, so when camp arrives, he'll no longer look like a really tall Kenyan distance runner.


I looked around the Eagles locker room, asking if anyone knew who taped this to my locker. I gave my meanest, yet still model-like, looks to my teammates all day. I'm betting it was Donovan just trying to rile me a little.

No comments: