Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Haters.

So, now I'm being criticized for my returns. Figures. Hey, here's a novel idea....can I get someone to fucking block for me?

After the Eagles' sloppy 27-13 preseason loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers on Sunday at Heinz Field, Reid was asked to evaluate Jeremy Bloom's return work in the team's first three preseason games.

"He's done just OK," the coach said.


If by OK, you mean kick-ass, then yes I've done OK.

Bloom, a second-year player who spent all of last season on injured reserve with a hamstring injury, has returned seven punts for 49 yards in the three exhibition games. That's a 7-yard average, a figure that would have ranked 27th in the NFL a year ago.

The kick returns haven't been any better. Bloom has returned nine for 176 yards, a 19.6-yard average. That figure would have ranked 35th in the league last season. Bloom's longest return has been for 26 yards.


Here was my response to this -
"I think there's been some good and there have been some things I'd like to improve on," Bloom said after Sunday's game. "No scores and no real long returns. It's important that we play better, and it starts with me as the returner, because I'm like the quarterback of the offense to an extent. I always have the ball in my hand. We have a lot of room to improve in our return game."


Got that? I am the quarterback!!! Not McNabb. Not Kolb. Me. J-Bloom. I, Philadelphia fans, am your quarterback!!! Oh, and when I get the ball, it's like a 2-minute drill each time. Here's the thing. As much as you all think I can, I can't do it alone. I saw four guys walking off the field when I was returning a kick against the Steelers. Hello! I need you guys to block for me!!!

Plus, my toe hurts. It really hurts.

Here's what I said about it:
"It's been painful, but I knew that was going to be the case," Bloom said. "You also have to remember that it's the preseason and we have a different group out there all the time. We're rotating every position, so it's never that core group. But that's not an excuse for a lack of production."


Translation? I have scrubs blocking for me. Thanks for nothing.

When this preseason started, Bloom had a job to lose as the Eagles' returner. He hasn't lost it, but with one preseason game left, he hasn't exactly secured it, either.

Secure this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What kind of nerve do you have pretending to be Mr. Bloom? He's a god amongst men, he eats thunder and craps lightning. He can leg press 800 lbs, eats baby dingos for breakfast and has slept with at least 2000 women. And 4 guys. He was drunk.